Silver Nanoparticle Polarisers
Polarisers are used to pass or stop polarised light, to modulate or reduce brightness, diminish noise and lots more...
- are flat like foil polarisers
- can be processed like glass or silicon wafers
- are UV and chemical resistant
- have large acceptance angles
- are available for UV, VIS, VISIR, NIR & IR bands
- are resistant to temperatures up to 400 °C
colorPol® polarisers are glass polarisers that utilise a unique silver nano-particle technology. They feature high contrast ratios and a high transmittance for a variety of wavelength regions.
The wavelength ranges of effective polarisation span to the UV region (colourPol® UV: 340 nm to 415 nm), the visible, and near infrared regions (colorPol® VIS and colorPol® IR series: 450 to 5,000 nm). With over 20 different polarisers available, there should be a model that covers your application. Full catalogues can be downloaded from the Documents menu above right or you can get individual polariser information from CODIXX.
Each colorPol® polariser is characterised by its maximum of polarisation and the contrast ratio in the guaranteed wavelength range (>= 1,000:1, >= 10,000:1 and >= 100,000:1, indicated in the product name by C3, C4 and C5 respectively).
Due to their excellent properties and outstanding adaptability, colorPol® polarisers are ideal in many applications:
- Optical sensor devices
- Illumination engineering
- Instrument filters for microscopy, ellipsometry, spectroscopy & polarimetry
- Photoelasticity, surface inspection
- Fibre related sensors
- Polarisation dependent optical isolators
- Optical communications engineering and data storage
- Electro-optical modulators
- High-temperature LC-Displays
- High-temperature LC-Shutters
colorPol® polariser wavelength based summmary chart
Standard dimensions range from 5 mm2 up to 50 x 30 mm. Various thicknesses are available ranging from 0.2 to 2 mm raw or laminated on a carrier glass. Other dimensions and shapes are available on request.