Semiconductor Optical Amplifier Aligner
MDE22885 SOA Aligner
The MDE22885 is a specialised system for the alignment of SOAs (semiconductor optical amplifiers) and other similar dual-ended devices with angled facets.
The system comprises two 5-axis stages with Elliot Gold™ Series flexure stages, long-travel base platforms and a 2-axis fibre rotation mount. The central unit is a 2-axis rotation device mount configured for mounting of passive or active single- or multi-channel planar devices.
The linear axes of the flexure stages can be automated with an E2300 DAli 3 alignment controller and piezo adjusters. Automated alignment is of particular benefit when working with lensed fibres.
- Slotted design for easy insertion and removal of fibre
- Full 360° rotation on all rotational axes
- Piezo drives available for linear axes
- Can be configured for variable facet angle
- Fibre held in V-groove clamps
- Standard V-groove for 125/250 µm fitted. (Custom sizes available.)