Superior capacitance measurement of unmatched precision
AH 2550A Automatic Capacitance Bridge 1 kHz
The Andeen-Hagerling AH 2550A measures capacitance and loss in medium and high impedance ranges.
Both capacitance and loss ranges cover negative values to allow for unusual samples or three-terminal networks, and three-terminal BNC connections minimise connector costs and number of cables.
The unmatched precision is the result of a uniquely designed ratio transformer: the culmination of decades of Andeen-Hagerling bridge design and manufacture. Equally important is the unique temperature-controlled, fused silica capacitance standard which allows extremely high measurement stability and immunity to mechanical shock.
These elements combine to form a true bridge operating at 1 kHz to give capacitance results which are independent of the exact test frequency.
- Single digit ppm accuracy
- Resolution of 0.8 aF
- Deviation measurements of capacitance, loss, or both
- Stability better than 0.5 ppm/year
- Temperature coefficient of 0.01 ppm/°C
- Largest measurable capacitance is 1.5 µF
- Measurement of extreme low loss
- Dissipation factor: 1.5 x 10-8 tan δ
- Conductance: 3 x 10-7 nS
- Resistance: up to 1.7 x 106 GΩ
- Full precision measurements in under ½ s
- Repeat measurements in less than 40 ms
- Commutation (test signal reversal) to minimise external power line or other periodic signal pickup
- IEEE-488 and RS-232 interfaces included. External device can serve as controller or logger
- Programmable features can eliminate the need for an external controller
- Full or abbreviated English language commands and error messages
- Zero correction of test fixture capacitance and loss
- External DC bias up to ± 100 volts
- External trigger capability
- Real-time clock
- High reliability digital circuitry
- Test diagnostic suite
- Superior line-related noise rejection
- Calibration free and temperature independent digital phase-shifting circuitry
- Fully alphanumeric front panel display
- IEEE-1174 standard serial interface
- Minimum setting of 0.3 mV for the upper limit of test signal voltage