Reduce induced cable errors
DCOAX Dual Low-Noise Optimised Coaxial Cable
Very high precision, three-terminal capacitance measurements can be affected by the self-inductance of the test cables, mainly at higher capacitance values. Magnetically induced noise can also reduce the quality of measurements.
The DCOAX cable both minimises these problems and provides a way to standardise the residual self-inductance. High precision calibration measurements can now use a standard one metre length of test cable to minimise and standardise cable induced errors.
- Centre conductor is equivalent to 20 gauge to minimise resistance
- Good flexibility makes it suitable for test leads
- Low triboelectric noise
- Minimises self-inductance at frequencies below 1 MHz
- Minimises the enclosed area to reduce pickup from magnetic fields
- Rib on one half cable allows easy identification
- Shielding is 100% using foil and copper braid construction
Andeen-Hagerling DCOAX product page on manufacturer's website.