Gaussmeters and Fluxmeters
Lake Shore Magnetic Instrumentation
- Hall Probes
Lake Shore's 400 Series of gaussmeters offer the easiest flux density measurement, the most stable readings, and the highest resolution of Hall effect gaussmeters on the market today. Lake Shore also offer over a hundred standard transverse and axial Hall probes for use with their instruments.
Model 480 Fluxmeter
- 5¾ digit DC resolution
- Automatic drift compensation
- Very fast peak capture
- AC frequency response to 50 kHz
- IEEE-488 and serial interfaces
- Storage of parameters for up to 10 existing coils
An advanced tool designed primarily for use in industrial and measurement systems settings, the Model 480 Fluxmeter measures total flux from which B, flux density, and/or H, magnetic field strength, can be determined. The Model 480 is valuable for magnetising, manual and automated magnet testing and sorting, and as the main component in BH loop or hysteresis measurement system applications. The Model 480 Fluxmeter is compatible with most sensing coils and fixtures.
Model 475 Gaussmeter
- Field ranges from 35 mG to 350 kG
- DC measurement resolution to 0.02 mG
- Basic DC accuracy of ±0.05%
- DC to 50 kHz frequency range
- 15 band-pass and 3 low-pass AC filters
- Peak capture to 20 µs pulse widths
- High speed sampling rates
- Integrated electromagnet field control algorithm
Lake Shore combined the technical advantages of digital signal processing with over a decade of experience in precision magnetic field measurements to produce the first commercial digital signal processor (DSP) based Hall effect gaussmeter, the Model 475. DSP technology creates a solid foundation for accurate, stable, and repeatable field measurement while simultaneously enabling the gaussmeter to offer an unequaled set of useful measurement features. The Model 475 is intended for the most demanding DC and AC applications. In many cases it provides the functionality of two or more instruments in a field measurement system.
Model 425 Gaussmeter
- Field ranges from 350 mG to 350 kG
- DC measurement resolution to 4¾ digits
- Basic DC accuracy of ±0.20%
- DC to 10 kHz AC frequency
- USB interface
- Large liquid crystal display
- Sort function (displays pass/fail message)
- Alarm with relay
Designed to meet the demanding needs of the permanent magnet industry, the Lake Shore Model 425 gaussmeter provides high end functionality and performance in an affordable desktop instrument. Magnet testing and sorting have never been easier when used in combination with the built in relay and audible alarm features to take the guesswork out of pass/fail criteria.
Additional features, including DC to 10 kHz AC frequency response plus max hold and relative measurement, make the Model 425 the ideal tool for manufacturing, quality control and R&D flux density measurement applications. For added functionality and value, the Model 425 also includes a standard Lake Shore Hall probe.
Magnetic Instruments & Sensors product page on manufacturer's website.