Unparalleled stability, resolution, linearity, and accuracy
AH 2700A Ultra-precision Capacitance Bridge 50 Hz - 20 kHz
The Andeen-Hagerling AH 2700A offers unparalleled stability, resolution, linearity and accuracy in a multi-frequency capacitance/loss bridge. Its numerous state-of-the-art features make it an exceptionally user-friendly instrument, measuring capacitance and loss in medium and high impedance ranges, and thus allows using three-terminal rather than five-terminal connections to the DUT (Device Under Test).
The new AH 2700A-E offers substantially improved resolution over the entire operating range, bringing a super-sensitivity that enables it to explore applications in calibration, scientific research, and manufacturing with a new precision.
The AH2700A-E is the pinnacle of decades of Andeen-Hagerling experience in bridge design and manufacture, and is complemented by its sister model, the AH2700A-E-C that offers continuous frequency scanning.
The unmatched precision of all these instruments is as a result of a uniquely designed ratio transformer and Andeen-Hagerling's unequalled temperature-controlled, fused-silica capacitance standard. This allows for extremely high measurement stability and immunity to mechanical shock. All these elements combine to form a true bridge operating at 50 Hz - 20 kHz to give capacitance/loss results which are independent of the exact test frequency.
- Full precision measurements in under 0.4 s
- Repeat measurements in under 30 ms
- Automatic internal calibration
- Commutation (test signal reversal) to minimise external power line or other periodic signal pickup
- Deviation measurements of capacitance, loss or both
- External DC bias up to ± 100 V
- External trigger capability
- Fast analogue output has a frequency response of 3 kHz at 3 dB down
- IEEE-488 GPIB and IEEE-1174 serial interfaces included; remote device can act as controller or logger
- Large, variable-brightness displays having 8 digits for capacitance and loss and 5 digits for frequency
- Measures extremely low loss down to:
- a dissipation factor of 1.5 x 10-8 tan δ
- a conductance of 3 x 10-7 nS
- or a resistance up to 1.7 x 106 GΩ
- Multiple discrete frequencies (Standard) or continuous frequency (Option-C Model)
- Negative capacitance and loss ranges can measure unusual samples or three terminal networks
- NIST or NPL traceable calibration
- Programmability can eliminate the need for an external controller
- Self-test diagnostics on power-up and by command
- Three year Andeen-Hagerling warranty
- Three-terminal BNC connections minimise connector costs and number of cables
- Zero correction of test fixture capacitance and loss
A number of papers have been published by scientists around the globe who have used an AH 2700A Ultra-precision Capacitance Bridge within their research. Here are some examples: