High Precision Manual Adjuster
- Negligible backlash
- Graduated knob
- Output via non-rotating hard steel ball
- Positive travel limit stops on control knob
- Coarse adjustment: 8.0 mm travel, 1 µm resolution
- Fine adjustment: 0.3 mm travel, 20 nm resolution
- Very smooth feel, largely independent of applied load
- Santoprene control ring allows a delicate touch and reduces heat transfer into the drive
The MDE216 high precision adjuster is based on a patented† mechanical lever system and is the highest resolution mechanical (non-piezo) adjuster in the Elliot Scientific range. It is ideal for use with the Elliot Gold™ series flexure stages as it incorporates a 12 mm diameter matching sleeve. Travel is 8 mm (limited to 2 mm in flexure stages), with 20 nm resolution on the fine control.
Not all applications require that three adjusters be fitted in a flexure stage. Substitution with an MDE229 fixed axis spacer sets an axis in mid travel position and provides a cost saving. At a later date it can be replaced by an adjuster if user requirements change.
||8 mm travel, 1 µm resolution
||0.3 mm travel, 20 nm resolution
||Graduated knob with 50 arbitrary divisions
† Patent Nos. GB 2152616B & USA 4617833