Fibre Pigtailed Laser Modules - OZ Optics
Ultra-stable lasers in a compact housing
OZ Optics Fibre Pigtailed Laser Modules
The OZ Optics laser modules are temperature stabilised, fibrecoupled laser delivery systems built within a compact housing. Numerous models and power levels are available, based on 23 standard wavelengths, that offer front (OZ-1000 series) or rear (OZ-2000 series) control ports. An additional OZ-3000 model is offered that is the OZ-2000 in an even more compact housing.
- Wavelengths: 23 models offer from 375 to 1625 nm with low RMS noise
- Operational variation of ± 0.1 nm
- Single, multimode or polarisation maintaining fibre
- Simple analogue/TTL interface. USB or other interfaces optional
- Fibre (US: fiber) pigtail & optional collimator or focuser, or plain connector
A simple 5 Vdc supply is all that is required to power the module. Control is via the 9-pin port, with one pin supplying power to the unit; a second acting as an interlock, switching the laser on or off; and a third offering electrical control of the output power by means of a variable voltage, where 0 V enables full power output and 5 V the minimum. This attenuation control can also be used to modulate the laser output at up to 100 kHz, while a special version is available with a modulation capability of up to 150 MHz.
Other options include a mechanical attenuator, which reduces the tendency of the laser diode to change wavelength when varying power by keeping the laser diode current constant; a mechanical shutter, to cut-off the beam fully and units with variable laser temperature, which can be used to tune the wavelength of the laser over a typical range of 2 nm. Full details and specifications can be found in the datasheet downloadable from the Documents tab above.
- Confocal microscopy
- Flow Cytometry
- DNA Sequencing
- Medical Imaging
- Insertion loss measurement and attenuation measurement
- High power or remote fibre delivery systems
- Accurate fibre optic testing
- Optical component manufacturing and testing
- Materials evaluation and testing
- RGB illumination systems
Note: Wavelength accuracy and power output of these modules is dependent on diode chosen.