Ultra-stable laser in a compact housing
OZ Optics Free Space Laser Module
The OZ Optics OZ-5000 laser module is a temperature stabilised, free-space laser delivery system built within a compact housing. Numerous models and power levels are available, based on 23 standard wavelengths.
- Wavelengths: 23 models offer from 375 to 1625 nm with low RMS noise
- Operational variation: ± 0.1 nm
- Variable beam size: collimated or adjustable
- Excellent beam pointing stability
- Simple analogue/TTL interface. USB or other interfaces optional
A simple 5 Vdc supply is all that is required to power the module. Control is via the 9-pin port, with one pin supplying power to the unit; a second acting as an interlock, switching the laser on or off (A mechanical shutter is available as an option for additional safety); and a third offering electrical control of the output power by means of a variable voltage, where 0 V enables full power output and 5 V the minimum. This attenuation control can also be used to modulate the laser output at up to 100 kHz, while a special version is available with a modulation capability of up to 150 MHz. Full details and specifications can be found in the datasheet downloadable from the Related Documents menu upper right.
- Confocal microscopy
- Flow Cytometry
- DNA Sequencing
- Medical Imaging
- Particle counting
- Optical component manufacturing and testing
- Materials evaluation and testing
Note: Wavelength accuracy and power output of these modules is dependent on diode chosen.
Need eye protection?
OZ Optics website.